Saturday, July 09, 2005

Driving down the coast

Hello world,

I have 16 minutes on the clock and haven't actually thought about what I'll write in this entry. It's just been so long since the last one that I feel guilty and it's time.

Over the last couple of weeks we've been driving down from Brisbane. The road trip associates have changed from way back when we first set out from Union College in our van, Lucy. It began with Craig, Holly, Gary, Ron, Ian, John, Todd, and myself. Together we conquered Nimbin, a small town full of hippies whose lives' work is to legalize . No joke. I didn't actually count, but I think I'm underestiamted when I approximate that we were asked 25 times to buy weed, within the half hour that we were there. A cultural experience to say the least.

In byron bay we were joined by Chris and Marcus. Instead of Byron's world famous sunshine, we were greeted with rain, hoards of rain, rain so heavy and incessant that Byron Bay was not soaked, not drenched, but flooded. Eventually we gave up on the place and headed out, but not without difficulty, having to teach Lucy to swim through foot deep water before reaching relatively dry highway. (and by dry I mean drenched, but at least besides one sectionw e had to detour around, not flooded).

Craig, John and Gary left us here and we headed onwards and downwards to Sydney where we were joined by Stan. too much happened here to record, but we'll point form it with ten dollar champagne, a man in a blow up santa suit, a well dressed man sleeping in the back of a stranger's car, and hiding out illegal refugees.

Holly and Stan left us, and we hit the BLue Mountains for beautiful hikes along the blue misted mountain side (from the Eucalyptus mists).

Ahhh five minutes left!!

Ian left then, and we drove onwards in nameless car #2 for Canberra, where everyone wears black, and little Albury, and FINALLY Melbourne.

Minutes are draining and I'm almost out of time. Tomorrow we're heading for the Great Ocean Road road trip. We haven't named our car yet...I'm thinking something along the lines of Dust Eater?

any suggestions welcomed. peace out homies.

6 Comments:

At 9:43 p.m., Blogger PhotoDiarist said...

Good times, but you ain't got no news about NZ! Well, they is a buncha pics on me site to go look see.

 
At 10:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOEY!!! I just thought I'd say you look very cute in that pic outside one of the lopsided-Alec Avenue-houses on Chris' blog. Haahaha!

Obviously, you're having waaay too much fun to update chika. =P Hope you're taking care!

 
At 8:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! don't forget it's gran bday! we're celebrating it on the 14th, so phone if you can! btw, I'm sending chris some mini video I took, ask him to send them to you if he doesn't in the next few days.

love you lots!

 
At 8:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jos! you learn to surf yet? it's sooo fun eh!?! (me the canadian... hehe) love you lots! a surprise for you is on the way :P
check out my xanga pics--ones from camping and stuff :)

your littlest sis, lis

 
At 12:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jos, you should really update you blog :) I'm sure /something/ interesting has been happening! hehe
love and miss you always

 
At 3:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlie!
just wanted to see how you're doing. and... i think it's time for some new entries eh? need to know what's going on!! hugz /v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home